How to Stop Hair Loss and Thinning Hair
There may not be an all-out cure for male/female pattern hair loss, but there are certain things you can do to halt the pattern of hair fall and encourage the formation of healthy hair growth.
These principles may not work for everyone, but if you suffer from baldness and need a quick solution to help buy you some time, then try our 5 handy tips to beat thinning hair - you've not really got much to lose.
1. Use the right shampooShampoos will not cure hair loss, but they can offer sufferers of alopecia an excellent solution in preventing shedding - It's all about finding the right shampoo with the right set of ingredients. As many of you will already know, Biotin is an effective ingredient for hair strength, and collagen is a good source of protein for recovery - so, mix the two together and what do you have? You have a potent shampoo that can work deep into the scalp to prevent the rate of hair loss. We've recommended OGX Biotin & Collagen shampoo many times - it's the best in the business and it's only about £6 for one bottle.
2. Use sunscreen in the summerWe tend to shed more hair than usual during the hotter months of the year, so if you are prone to summer shedding, we would advise you to get hold of a good sunscreen and apply it to your hair if you are exposed to the sunlight. Sunlight, along with severe seasonal shedding, can make your hair look tired and thin, so be sure to keep your strands fully protected.
3. Take vitaminsEating well should be high on your list anyway, but if you still can't seem to get the right hair foods into your diet, then it could be worth considering taking vitamins. Hair growth agents like Biotin, Folic Acid and Zinc can all play a major role in rejuvenating your locks - and they don't cost a fortune. Hair loss prevention ingredients like saw palmetto are also worth considering, or even better, buy a multi-vitamin supplement like HR23+, of which contains the key blend of ingredients that will help you prevent balding and promote better hair growth. Multi-vitamin hair supplements save you the time and money by giving you an all-in-one formula.
4. Be HealthyYou probably hear it all the time, and that's because it's true - a healthy lifestyle leads to healthier hair. It's like anything related to your body, the better you look after it, the better you will look, and the same rule applies to your hair. If you eat the right foods and be constantly active, you'll feel happier. Stress can lead to hair loss, therefore de-stressing yourself will pave the way for healthier, fuller locks. If you insist on eating greasy take-away foods, and drinking lots of alcohol, then don't be surprised to see the condition of your hair deteriorate. It's common sense, really.
5. Don't over-style you hair
We should clarify that most hair products do not cause baldness. The thing is, they can damage your hair if you over-use them. Many styling gels, sprays and creams contain harmful chemicals that can lead to split ends and damaged strands. Excessive hair colouring can also lead to shedding and damage, so, just be sure to not over-do it. The more you mess about with your hair, the higher chance you'll weaken it. Opt for natural and organic products - they're so much better for the health of your hair.