How to know if you are losing your hair?
Going bald isn't particularly much fun, and unfortunately, at least two thirds of men will suffer that fate by the time they hit middle age. Over half of women will experience thinning hair by the age of 40, which just shows you how common hair loss is.
Hair loss is most definitely an issue, and it's not about to go away any time soon! And, although there isn't a cure for hair loss, there are some treatments and ways that you can minimise the damage, and hold onto your hair for longer!
The key to treating hair loss is to tackle the issue as soon as possible, because the sooner you start doing something about baldness, the more hair you'll keep.
To help you identify hair loss as early as possible, here, we go through five key signs that you are losing your hair, and on your way to baldness...
1. You notice more hair falling out
If you're seeing more strands on your pillow in the mornings, and big clumps of hair clogging up the shower plughole, then this could be a sign that you are losing your hair.
It is normal to lose up to 150 hairs a day, because the fallen hairs are replaced with new hairs that grow through. However, if you are not producing new years, then the scalp will get progressively thinner.
2. Your hair stylist notices your hair lossIf you have the same hair dresser or barber, over a long period of time, then they'll know your hair better than anyone else - even you! If they start noticing your hair thinning, they'll likely inform you about it.
It may come as a shock to you, and quite upsetting. but this is the best thing that anyone could do for you, because once you are alerted to the issue, you can then go about treating it.
3. Your hair feels thinnerSometimes you can tell that you're losing your hair simply by how it feels. If your hair feels much thinner than usual, then it's more than likely that you're shedding excessively, which is obviously not a good sign.
Run your fingers through your hair, facing the ground, and asses how many hairs fall out. If the amount looks excessive, then there's a good chance that your hair is thinning.
4. Your hairline is recedingIf you are a man and your frontal hairline is starting to recede, then it's likely that you are experiencing early stages of male pattern baldness. Hairline recession can also occur n women, but it is not as common, as women tend to thin at the centre parting area of the scalp.
A receding hairline is usually followed by diffuse thinning at the crown region of the scalp, which then leads to eventual baldness. It is important to treat this as early as possible.
5. Your hair takes longer to growIf your hair is taking longer to grow, then it could be a strong sign that you are starting to lose your hair. As the hair gets thinner, the follicles grow slower, and eventually fall out. This is a very common occurrence in both men and women who are experiencing early stages of baldness.
Tackle Hair Loss Early!As already mentioned, it is important to start doing something about hair loss as early as possible, because this will help you retain your hair for longer.
Once you have established that you are losing your hair, the next thing to do is to treat the issue as soon as possible. Most hair loss treatments do not work, but there are some that can help reduce, and even halt hair loss, as well as support and maintain the function of healthy hair growth.
Hair Loss Treatment OptionsYou have two main options when it comes to treating hair loss. There's the medication route (finasteride and minoxidil) - which does come with the risk of negative side-effects - or there's the safe, non-medical route (HR23+ and KGF Serum), which can also be highly effective for hair loss prevention.
With any treatment, results can be limited, and they will vary from person to person, so don't expect miracles. HR23+® is a good option to consider if you are experiencing early stages of baldness and thinning hair. HR23+® is a non-medical hair supplement that can help prevent hair loss, and promote healthy hair growth.
This leading supplement has been shown to be effective in men and women who are suffering from early stages of baldness and thinning hair. Around 9 out of 10 users saw visible improvements in their hair within just 12 weeks.